Author Topic: Post your gear pics here.  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
Post your gear pics here.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:05 PM »
This was initially called the Saturn then Tom Anderson started showing different models (partscasters so to speak) to various artists. Townshend loved it and wanted some changes. It became known as the PT. Townshend toured with these in the early 80s. First used on the Who's It's Hard tour.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Calling me a guitarist is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a chef.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Pod God

• VIP
  • Just One Of The Guys!
Re: Post your gear pics here.
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »
'lectrics: Ibanez 520 and Deluxe Players Strat:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love the Ibanez!!!!
Recently Played Tracks...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 02:35:02 PM »
Kramer Pacer + Peavey Classic 30

Just threw some new Ernie Balls on it and been playing it for a few hours.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:36:53 PM by stingx »

Offline SteveG

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 08:53:23 AM »
I dont either. Pete Townshend?

Offline Naifuzan

• VIP
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »
I was actually pretty close to getting one of those Pete Townshend Schecter guitars, but got my edwards les paul instead. But it was a really nice guitar to play, if I remember correctly  :)

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 01:54:25 PM »
Must add new guit-fiddle...

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 04:29:22 AM »
Must add new guit-fiddle...

Kick ass! I meant to ask you bro,..how do the pups sound? Are they dark sounding (muddy) or do they cut well?  The reason why I ask is that ever time I play a les paul or anything with humbuckers,.they always sound muddy to me or dark sounding. It's probably that I'm so used to playing a Strat,.but what's weird man,.is my start has a hot rails in it,.but it has a more cut through sound then my les paul. Maybe I just need to EQ the paul differently then the strat.   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:36:32 AM by Johnny »

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 07:02:28 AM »
Johnny, there's no mud at all. Actually, this is the first guitar I own with these pups (Evo / Tone Zone). I was going to upgrade my RG1570 to these exact pickups. I actually prefer these to the old Duncan '59 & JB combos. Very "alive" sounding pickups. You can always buy one or both aftermarket and try it out in an existing guitar you know.

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 08:18:48 AM »
Johnny, there's no mud at all. Actually, this is the first guitar I own with these pups (Evo / Tone Zone). I was going to upgrade my RG1570 to these exact pickups. I actually prefer these to the old Duncan '59 & JB combos. Very "alive" sounding pickups. You can always buy one or both aftermarket and try it out in an existing guitar you know.

Yeah that's a good idea. I will look into it. Thanks man. Good luck with that beauty! Very nice.

Offline macman

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 06:50:50 AM »

Man, I want one of these Charvels so bad, thanks for fuelling my GAS guys  :(, LOL :-*
Forever searching the man on the silver mountain

Offline thefallenangel

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 07:09:36 AM »
I saw a shop on ebay selling these Charvel's in parts.

As silly as it may sound I was kinda hoping the one with the pickguard was not like a strat underneath the pickguard but it is.
I like both of the styles. Woulda been nice if you could just whip the pickguard on and off like I was thinking.

I assumed they would be like that as surely it would make the manafacturing process simpler.

Johnny try out the Air Zone also. Depends what sound you are going but some people think the TZ is quite harsh sounding.
I've had no experience with a Tone Zone though to be honest.

However you should maybe check out Sound of Sin pickups on ebay for the Axis Clones and see how they compare, Probably get a whole set for price of the single Dimarzio.
Handwound.

Offline WIG

• ... get out of my head...
    • TellOnEveryone.com
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 03:29:54 PM »
Doesn't compete with some of the bad boys you gentlemen are sporting, but it's a little tough in the lefty market... between the MIM strat, the TVYellow and the LP copy, I am pretty happy with the sound options, none the less. 
~ Mp3's and more @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 03:32:06 PM »
What a dope... just realized that my TVYellow and Bass didn't make it into this photo???? Child neglect... they'll have to be added later.  TVYellow is a LP Jr. copy with P90's that sound more like P100's IMO... LOVE IT!!!

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 03:49:10 PM »
You know, Wig, you should have done like I did and play righty. In fact the only thing I must do lefty is write. So much easier buying guitars, golf clubs, etc.

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »
Tried... could never get it together.  Worked at it for a year and it just got worse and worse.  I gave up.  Then I played someone elses lefty and I could do more in a 1/2 hour than I accomplished in a year... it also felt 'normal' or natural.  It still was 'learning to play guitar', getting your hands to do things your not used to, but I was WAY more encouraged.