Author Topic: So...NOW what's in your studio?  (Read 316 times)

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
So...NOW what's in your studio?
« on: July 19, 2017, 03:54:47 AM »
Instead of adding to a long dead thread of the original, I've created a new topic to discuss what you are using to lay the music down today.

I've got the most compact and concise setup ever now - I'm basically plugging a guitar into a USB audio interface (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) and capturing everything into You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Instead of micing up and amp or recording via a modeling amp or sim, I now use You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. That's pretty much it.

Say you just beginning and want to record your playing and sound amazing doing so, here's how you can do it for cheap...

There is a perfectly good, free version of Tracktion that you can use here - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

If you don't want to pay for Scuffham S-Gear, there's a decent alternative in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

If you search the web you can find plenty of free VST plugins to use in Tracktion.

So now tell us what's in YOUR studio...
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Calling me a guitarist is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a chef.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TPB

• VIP
    • http://www.soundclick.com/tblue
Re: So...NOW what's in your studio?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:28:45 AM »
I have been Tweaking stuff Interface is a TASCAM 1200, While I have a line 6 Variax and Pod . I just bought a Zoom 3nx to replace the old GNX3.  Sonar Drums or more recently digitek pedal you play and teach it the parts and it plays drums and bass. This has been a great help as I suck at drum programing.
Tim

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 04:36:20 AM »
I have an older version of EZ Drummer that I sometimes use but I don't normally have the time to build up everything from scratch like I used to. Either I use awesome, complete backers or work with someone who hammered those tracks out already for the project.

You produce really good sounding tracks, Tim. What plugins do you use or maybe I should phrase it as how do you master your final mix before you call it complete? I literally use a product called Final Mix and then I take result of the mixdown and play it though shit speakers (sometimes just using the speakers in my tablet) and it it sounds somewhat good through that shit I just know it sounds good through proper speakers. LOL  :D
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TPB

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:05:17 AM »
Don't use a lot of plugin anymore  usually a muti band compressor to level out then like you mix to the car or crappy speakers, I have a older version of T-Racks Johnny gave me it is good but take a lot computer power. I had a copy of Nectar Izotope from the site years ago loved it but when the old computer crashed lost the activation codes. I have never been happy with the guitar tones was using Line Six or a GNX3, The new Zoom Unit has fixed that I got the Zoom 3xn and have been happy with it just taking the time to build what patches I need and want

Offline Bereet

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »
I'm setting back up so I'm going to use similar to Pete's setup but with the PODxt as opposed to the Focusrite to get my signal in.  I may well indeed get a 2i2 at some point to give me the ability to get vocals in too.

:thumbup:

Offline TPB

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 09:32:08 AM »
been working on the studio got enough room in the back half for sitting area couch center will hold four in comfort and these are the pics of the front

Offline TPB

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »
here is the front

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 11:24:03 AM »
WOW! Hey Tim, that looks fantastic. Awesome layout. Thanks for sharing.