Author Topic: Perhaps a bit premature  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
  • Referrals: 4
    • GuitarMix
Perhaps a bit premature
« on: September 26, 2012, 05:05:59 AM »
So, it seems that once I let my host provider become aware of my intentions to let the domain "guitarmix.net" slip, they decided to renew it for me gratis because of my long business relationship with them. So all fees have been waved the the domain shows as renewed.

I actually did want the domain to expire since I've seen interest and participation wane over the latter several months. Now that it has been renewed I have decided to revamp. I am going to make some cosmetic and functional changes to draw in better content. All of this is fine and dandy but without participation it really becomes a moot point. So, in the appropriate MOD forum, can officers please chime in on whether or not they still have interest in being so and, any member may toss their names into the hat in this thread if they have any interest in helping to run the site.

This may just be pissing in the wind but if there is any real desire to keep the place afloat then there's a chance that participation can improve. At the very least, this place does provide a decent hangout for folks who wish to keep in touch with one another. It really could be much more but it requires attention and a little bit of effort from all parties.

- Pete
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Calling me a guitarist is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a chef.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
  • Referrals: 0
    • OLD SKOOL
Re: Perhaps a bit premature
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 06:20:24 AM »
Hi Pete, it's been a long time.  I know as everyone knows I haven't been here in ages and I apologize for that.

Since the last time I posted here, I have stopped playing with the band and left OLD SKOOL about 4 months ago as I didn't have time for it anymore. I have my entire studio in boxes and no time to set it back up.   
I have been very busy with my main job and also coding a commercial game that will be released on iOS/ iPhone/ iPad in the next few months. It's been on going with a team of coders, designers and graphic artists for the last 7 months and I'm hoping it will be the next "big game" that I can retire on. It's exciting.

As for the site and my participation, It has been zero for a long time. With that said. If you want me to step down as an admin, I will do that as It needs to turned over to someone the can contributed and has the time to do so.  Again, I apologize for that as it wasn't my intention.

I noticed a big change in the site over a year ago when it seemed that no one had an interest in doing anything when it came to contest or collaborations. I've tried my best to come up with different ideas and so on to keep up the interest, but no one entered or may have been just busy with theirs lives and just didn't have the time for it. I can understand that, as it happened to me.

I believe you are right Pete. You need to revamp and bring on board some fresh ideas.

I dig all you guys and consider you my friends. There is not much I can do here anymore, but I will continue to come to the site when I can, to say hello and to help out if needed. It is a great place to hang out, always has been, always will be and I had a lot of fun here.  You guys are the best! 

Johnny :rockon:

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words, gents.  :cheers:

I will be making personnel changes. Johnny, I will most likely move your admin access to another but will reinstate you if you wish down the road when time becomes available to you. I appreciate all your efforts and I sincerely hope you bounce in from time to time.

All positions will be reviewed in addition to board changes.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ESD

• VIP
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 04:00:36 AM »
I don't know if I can help in any way, but I have come to the site pretty much every day or every other day since it first started.  I've always enjoyed coming here either to chat or look around for a new project to jump into.  It's hard for me to stay motivated without having other people to interact with.  I would love for the site to stay open, so if there's anything I can do, let me know.

Jeff
I need a good Sig...

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
Thanks, Jeff.  :thumbup: :cheers:

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
  • Referrals: 0
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
Pete, thank you. I will pop in from time to time to see what's new.  Thanks to everyone again for being cool. It was fun and  learned a hell of a lot from you guys over the years. I'll be back and like I said, just busy right now with other stuff that takes all my time right now.  I don't have no time to even pick up my guitar anymore.  You guys have my email, so if you ever need something, give me a shout. 

Pete again thanks man and it's been fun working with you man!

:rockon: