Author Topic: The Way I Live  (Read 864 times)

Offline ESD

• VIP
The Way I Live
« on: October 03, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
Lets see....per Mr. Stingx....I used a Roland 2480 workstation to record this tune.  Peavey Wolfgang Standard guitar, Behringer condensor mic placed in front of a Line 6 Vetta 2 amp.  The bass was ran straight into the console and I used the compressor on that channel right from the fx page ( a touch of verb too I think).  Crappy ol' 5 string Johnson with passive pups.  The drums are a DR660 Boss ran straight in as well...a little compression on those and a touch of verb....there are timing issues with all of my drums because I don't know how to program them!!!  I have to play along with my own guitar tracks to record drums.  Vocals are done with the same Behringer mic ran straight in with a "rock vocal" patch that comes with the console.  I removed the robot feature and the chorus which left reverb, compression, and a tad bit of delay.  That's about it I think.  Recording all this by myself is not good though...I'll get "done" with it, take a listen, and then be too lazy to go back and fix the mistakes.....so when you hear them (and you will) that's why!  Anyway, thanks for checkin' it out....take care.
[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://guitarmix.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=101.0;attach=170[/mp3]
Jeff
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:53:59 AM by Jack Gilvey »
I need a good Sig...

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
Re: The Way I Live
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 04:30:45 AM »
Jeff,..fuck yeah man!!!. This tune is killer. It's got a Velvet Revolver vibe to it big time. I think we'll be playing this out in the band,..LMAO. Awesome tune. You really have something here. Singing is perfect in my book and goes great with the vibe. The only thing you should consider, if your range allows it,..is to come up an octave when you start to sing. (I think you're saying) "You don't give me a break, I don't by it" Right there bro,.that would be off the hook.    
As for the timing issues,..it's really not bad bro and I think the drums sound great too.  
Nice job on this man. Real nice job. 

Do you want me it insert the Mp3 player on your post?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:32:45 AM by Johnny »

Offline SteveG

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 04:44:58 AM »
Know what you mean about being too lazy to fix the glitches, not that I heared any....
Good song man, and well put together, vox sounds just fine on it.

Offline TPB

• VIP
    • http://www.soundclick.com/tblue
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »
Jeff sounded good on this end
Tim

Offline ESD

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »
Thanks a ton Johnny, Steve, and Tim!  I appreciate the comments.  Johnny, if you want to embed the player that's cool with me.  I was looking at your post on how to do it, but I was under the impression that the song had to be stored at some external site somewhere.  If I'm wrong about that, then go ahead and do it.  I don't think I've ever uploaded this tune anywhere other than here though.  When you mentioned pasting the url in the middle of the brackets I got to thinking....hell, I don't have a url for that tune!!  Let me know the scoop on that if you don't mind.  Now, as far as the vocals go, I don't think I could get an octave up on that section.  I can kind of sing in tune, but my range is not all that great.  You're right though, that would be very cool....anyone want to have a run at it, let me know..lol.  Thanks again guys!!

Jeff
I need a good Sig...

Offline gragger

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:00:12 AM »
hey guys! I really like this music ESD! I think i'm not alone. you got skills and that solo sound is meaty and tastey. I love it. I seen that tascam and it's nice with the faders. Really sweet machine.

Glad I caught this. feels like home here eh?
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sky1962

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 05:17:41 AM »
Great song, Liked the solo, very impressive sound.
Born to Rock 'n' Roll.......since 1962

Offline ESD

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 12:44:11 AM »
Thanks sky, I appreciate it much! 

Jeff
I need a good Sig...

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks a ton Johnny, Steve, and Tim!  I appreciate the comments.  Johnny, if you want to embed the player that's cool with me.  I was looking at your post on how to do it, but I was under the impression that the song had to be stored at some external site somewhere.  If I'm wrong about that, then go ahead and do it.  I don't think I've ever uploaded this tune anywhere other than here though.  When you mentioned pasting the url in the middle of the brackets I got to thinking....hell, I don't have a url for that tune!!  Let me know the scoop on that if you don't mind.  Now, as far as the vocals go, I don't think I could get an octave up on that section.  I can kind of sing in tune, but my range is not all that great.  You're right though, that would be very cool....anyone want to have a run at it, let me know..lol.  Thanks again guys!!

Jeff

Done!   Guys, guys, guys, GO HERE: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You don't have to upload it to a different site or whatever. You do it all from here. It's just the way the site software works. It's a bit more time consuming,.but it does work. Once you do it,...it won't be an issue anymore. It's very simple too.

Johnny

Offline Lippy

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Noize Doctor
    • band web site
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 01:36:35 PM »
Really like this one Jeff,
great sound and I love your  vocals man as Johnny said very velvet revolver,
great song as well ! :)

Offline Tony

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »
Vox up man, wtf, they deserve it! Best one man band on the site for miles, no doubt.

Offline celteire

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 02:55:30 AM »
very cool...awesome sound from the production side....to my ears anyway..

Offline ESD

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »
Thanks Lippy, Tony, and Celteire....I appreciate the nice comments!

Jeff
I need a good Sig...

Offline Jack Gilvey

• WTF
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »
That's some crazy good shit.

Offline WIG

• ... get out of my head...
    • TellOnEveryone.com
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 01:48:06 PM »
You are the most under rated artist on any of these boards... unfortunately, it's at your own hand, LOL!!!  Don't sell yourself short man.... this is a KILLER TRACK!!!  I'm not sure I hear that higher octave vocal for this, I liked it just like it is.  It's a wicked cool song and played and produced very well. 
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
~ Mp3's and more @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~