Author Topic: Post your gear pics here.  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Lippy

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Noize Doctor
    • band web site
Post your gear pics here.
« on: October 10, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »
Thought I would kick off this topic with an updated pic of my guitars!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:22:42 AM by Lippy »

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
Re: Post your gear pics here.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
Wow bro,..nice. I want the white les paul,..LMAO. Excellent stuff.

Offline Stevie M

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:46:13 AM »
I wouldn't mind any of 'em!

Not got pics of most of mine, nothing special there anyway, I suppose the best of them is a 1970's CSL 335 copy.
I just use this most of the time. It's one of mine :)

Offline Lippy

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Noize Doctor
    • band web site
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »
The white les paul is a Kyper.I used it when we first got the doctorz together 5 years ago.It's what we call aback door epiphone,in other words made in the same factory but with a different neck and a bespoke name put on it.I've put all wilkinson parts on it including pick ups and it is rather sweet sounding. I really like that guitar Steve ! What is it?

Offline Stevie M

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 12:41:18 PM »
Thanks Lippy :) It's one I made and didn't want to part with. It's an Iroko body with Ash stripes and side dots ( can't see 'em in this pic!), Maple neck with Rosewood fretboard, MOP markers, bone nut, cow horn pup surrounds. Electrics are---Single neck/single mid/humbuck bridge, 1Vol, 2 Tone, the 3 mini toggles are to switch each pup on/off. I'm thinking I'll change those a bit, when I get the time, as in putting 4 wires on the HB with a push/pull tone ( or 3 way toggle) to split the coils in some way.

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »
Nice guitar Steve. It looks great and you must have spent some time making it. Do you gig with it? Like to hear it sometime.

Offline Stevie M

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 02:02:44 PM »
Thanks Johnny :)  Yep, took a bit of time, not sure how long. I'm making a rough log of the hours it takes to make each one now.
Nope, I don't gig at all, never have, love to sometime. I'm trying to find someone to play with down my way 'cos there's a blues club 'bout 30 odd miles away where we could play------bloody scary thought though!!!!!!!

I used this on my first post, 'a gentle noodle'. It was using all 3 pups with just a bit of reverb recorded on the MBR. I'm working on one to put up where I change the pups part way through.

Here's a Lap steel of mine too. It's American Black Walnut/Ash. The fret markers are Celtic designs done in pyrography ( woodburning). I made the nut//control plate/string retainer out of brass, the bridge is brass/oak/bone. Hours in total worked out at about a week or so, spread over about a month.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 02:05:05 PM by Stevie M »

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 05:40:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Johnny :)  Yep, took a bit of time, not sure how long. I'm making a rough log of the hours it takes to make each one now.
Nope, I don't gig at all, never have, love to sometime. I'm trying to find someone to play with down my way 'cos there's a blues club 'bout 30 odd miles away where we could play------bloody scary thought though!!!!!!!

I used this on my first post, 'a gentle noodle'. It was using all 3 pups with just a bit of reverb recorded on the MBR. I'm working on one to put up where I change the pups part way through.

Here's a Lap steel of mine too. It's American Black Walnut/Ash. The fret markers are Celtic designs done in pyrography ( woodburning). I made the nut//control plate/string retainer out of brass, the bridge is brass/oak/bone. Hours in total worked out at about a week or so, spread over about a month.

Very nice man. You're very talented and really nice work..

Offline TPB

• VIP
    • http://www.soundclick.com/tblue
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »
Man some nice pieces Johnny there is some of Stevie M playing on the finished collab. Lippy What can I say most excellent
Tim

Offline ESD

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 12:25:45 AM »
Ok, I'm going to try and figure this pic upload thing....here is a shot of my little "work" area.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I guess it worked! 

Roland VS2480, DR660 drum machine next to it, HS80M Yamaha monitors, Korg Triton Le 88 keyboard.

I'll take some more pics later, if this post works....see ya.

Jeff
I need a good Sig...

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 04:32:12 AM »
ESD,..Nice work station bro where all the magic happens!!! Looking good man.

Offline Stevie M

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 12:36:41 PM »
Yep, nice set-up. Could do with better shot though, can't quite work out what the pic is on the wall :D

No point me putting anything up where I work, it's just a laptop and MBR at the kitchen table, so has to go away everytime I'm done with it  :'(.( Hopefully should get a bit better soon, our daughter's moved out (again) so may be able to use her old bedroom, with a PC set up, and just leave it all out all the time!!! Bliss!!!!!!

Offline thefallenangel

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 03:57:49 PM »
I wouldn't know where to begin with this thread lol

Offline canyoncarver

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 08:31:58 PM »
Lippy you make me sick!  ???

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL