Author Topic: Portable Audio  (Read 477 times)

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
  • Referrals: 4
    • GuitarMix
Portable Audio
« on: October 11, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »
What do you guys listen to on the go? I commute about one hour each way daily and I mostly use my iPhone4 paired up with my Panasonic RP-HJE900 IEMs. My favorite sounding player is still my Sansa Fuze. I have Rockbox on it replacing the default firmware and it's just a really good sounding, durable little player. I use the iPhone for streaming audio apps and the Fuze to play my different digital libraries, which is pretty huge.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm curious as to what others use to rock their commute.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Calling me a guitarist is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a chef.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline thefallenangel

• Referrals: 0
Re: Portable Audio
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »
I use an original 16gb iPod Touch. Had it for about 3 years. Never missed a beat still goin strong.

I have a variety of headphones that I have used.
I had Seinnheiser CX300s and I quite liked them however for some reason one of the earbuds dropped half volume of the other.

I then went to my other pair which were a set of Shure isolated earphones but they were painful on the ears as you have to compress the foam before you put it in and it will expand and fill up the ear. They were phenomenal at noise isolation and they sounded really good. It was just a painful chore everytime I had to take one out to talk to someone or something.

I had to stop using them as 2 months ago I was cursed with a perforated ear drum and infections in both my ears and I think these played a big part in it.

Currently I am using a set of Sony active noise cancelling headphones when I am out and about. They work well at what they do but the iPod doesnt really have the balls to drive them properly so I might have to invest in some inline preamp to boost the signal.

I used to have an iRiver Spinn and it was a great little player as it played just about any format I threw at it. All my FLAC rips and other formats.
I eventually gave it to my girlfriend and I believe its still getting used daily.

Offline Pod God

• VIP
  • Just One Of The Guys!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 08:54:27 AM »
16g iPod Touch here as well. I use an FM transmitter and play it through my car stereo. I use the Touch for everything audio (as a remote for winamp when playing the stereo at home-VLC remote for movies, remote control of Reaper when recording... even play guitar through it sometimes, lol.)
Recently Played Tracks...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline gragger

• Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:02:51 PM »
ipod 32 gig 1st gen mostly for games cause it's a pain in the ass to put stuff on it and itunes bugs the heck outta me....

I also have a 60gig archos 5 that shows up as a hard drive so it's really easy to put my demo's in progess on it and navigate to folders to play stuff. takes no time and no drivers. easy as pie.