Author Topic: Vox Valvetronix +  (Read 634 times)

Offline Jack Gilvey

• WTF
  • Referrals: 0
Vox Valvetronix +
« on: October 22, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Andbody dig the Vox Valvetronix series? I've owned a number of them and am thinking about grabbing the little guy from the newest iteration, the VT20+.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
Re: Vox Valvetronix +
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »
Jack,..when I was looking for a combo to use at gigs, I really liked the tone of these big time. I was playing the 2x12 combo,.but It didn't have enough headroom for me,.so,.I just stuck with my 2101 setup. I can't get away from it. It's massive sounding at any volume and has plenty of headroom to spare. You can see my rig in the pic below to the right. Click on the picture to make it bigger so you can see the rig.  

Offline Jack Gilvey

• WTF
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »
Nice. You run that into a Carvin power amp then into a 4x12? I'll bet headroom is not an issue. ;)  I only play at home at this point so even my little Vox DA5 has all the headroom I need. :)

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 02:09:33 PM »
Nice. You run that into a Carvin power amp then into a 4x12? I'll bet headroom is not an issue. ;)  I only play at home at this point so even my little Vox DA5 has all the headroom I need. :)

Yeah man,.the Carvin is a great amp. I can adjust the output power from 350watts down to 87.5 watts per side and it has a great built in compressor. I run it now at (I think) around 125 watts stereo,..125 watts per side. That's all I need for the 4x12 cab and gigging. It's a monster. It's super quite too. I would like to (one day) get another Peavey 4x12 cab like I have now and wire both for mono and run the Carvin at full power. I also use a noise gate and get zero noise when the guitar is on 10 and I'm at gig volume. Once I stop playing and if I put my hand on the strings I get no signal and no noise. The heart of the rig is the 2101 though. I love the thing and it does anything you can imagine. Believe it or not,..my backup guitar possessor for gigs is a Behringer V-amp pro. It sounds good too through the Carvin and the Peavey. If you're thinking about getting one of the Vox amps above, go with the 2x12 combo. It's a really great amp.   

Offline Lippy

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Noize Doctor
    • band web site
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 03:37:03 PM »
Hey Johnny I had a behringer v amp pro as well cracking preamp lad! So has captain spasm !

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 05:12:07 PM »
Hey Johnny I had a behringer v amp pro as well cracking preamp lad! So has captain spasm !

They are a really great preamp. You just have to spend some time tweaking them. I ran it through my rig and it sounded great. So,.it's my back up,.just incase the 2101 goes down at a gig.