Author Topic: Old Band Shades of Black - Early Demo  (Read 613 times)

Offline WIG

• ... get out of my head...
    • TellOnEveryone.com
Old Band Shades of Black - Early Demo
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:57:57 AM »
Continuing in the spirit of scaring Steve G with some "scare" tunes... This also fits the bill as a creepy track.  I used to be in a band called Shades of Black and this was a tune we recorded.  It was an opportunity to record at NYC's imfamous Quest studios.  They've done work with Paul McCartney, Lenny Kravitz, Metallica, etc... some big names.  It was a chance for one of their new engineers, a good friend, to get down some recording time, at a huge discount for us.  Unfortunately, it was slightly ahead of our plans to record formally, we really weren't there yet.  We had a tight time slot and not nearly enough time to land were we ultimately would have liked.  All in all though, we got a pretty decent recording on this one.  Not produced exactly as we would have liked but not bad.  

This is a song I wrote on acoustic and further developed with the vocalist and bass player, which ultimately led to the conception of the band with the addition of a drummer and lead guitarist.  It's called Stained Red.

The singer has a reputation for writing some very dark lyrics, these might be the darkest I've witnessed him put together.  Obviously they are completely fictional, but creepy as hell regardless... and for me to say that, those who know me... is saying alot, LOL!    

[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://guitarmix.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=170.0;attach=288[/mp3]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:00:03 PM by WIG »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
~ Mp3's and more @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
Re: Old Band Shades of Black - Early Demo
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 08:51:42 AM »
Reposting...

[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://guitarmix.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=170.0;attach=295[/mp3]
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TPB

• VIP
    • http://www.soundclick.com/tblue
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 09:14:23 AM »
Much better can hear it now Sounds nice and dark thanks for sharing
Tim

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:51:51 AM »
Thanks Tim!  Appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

Offline SteveG

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:38:40 AM »
Very dark and scary ..... look, I need to get some sleep, stop doing this to me  :D

How long ago was this?

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 06:22:03 AM »
Steve! Don't turn around man....have you check your closet??

Another good tune Wig. Very dark sounding.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:24:11 AM by Johnny »

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 08:08:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very dark and scary ..... look, I need to get some sleep, stop doing this to me  :D

How long ago was this?

Thanks for the listens guys.

SteveG - this was probably about 4 or 5 years ago now (damn time flies).  Shortly after this we fired the lead guitarist, and as a result lost our drummer (brothers).  We had a short 1-2 year stint with another guitarist and drummer.  It was VERY promising in my opinion.  Problem was that all of us were having kids at the time, LOL!  We just could not line our schedules up.  We all really regret that it couldn't sustain.  All of the members by that point were 4 of my closest friends, families get together, kids play together.  So we all miss it deeply when we're sitting around the grill having a beer at a BBQ or what have you.  There wasn't any 'falling out' or bad feelings which is unusual with band breakups.