Author Topic: Roger Waters - The Wall  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
Roger Waters - The Wall
« on: September 27, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »
It's a while off but I'm still stoked to be going to see Roger Waters perform The Wall on November 4th.

Here's the band's lineup for the tour:

Drums: Graham Broad

Guitars: Dave Kilminster, G.E. Smith, Snowy White

Bass: Roger Waters

Keyboards: Jon Carin, Harry Waters

Lead Vocals: Robbie Wyckoff, Roger Waters

Backing Vocals: Jon Joyce, Mark Lennon, Michael Lennon, Kipp Lennon

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Calling me a guitarist is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a chef.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Naifuzan

• VIP
Re: Roger Waters - The Wall
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 10:40:39 AM »
Let me know how the show was when you get back. I've got tickets to that show on may 4th and 5th here in Sweden, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Offline thefallenangel

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »
I don't think they are coming to Scotland sadly :(

Offline WIG

• ... get out of my head...
    • TellOnEveryone.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »
Saw him several years back and I'd say about 60% of the songs were off the wall album.  Something I thought was really really cool was that they drifted off the original recording structures of the songs (in some).  A little deviation, I wouldn't call "jamming", extended some of the musical sections, etc.. It definitely added something new to the whole thing.  VERY MEMORABLE show!  and for more than just the music.  A young girl sitting next to us was WHACKED, climbed up on the railing in the front of our section (pretty high up) and tried to fly off!!!  Luckily we grabbed her before she made it... but needless to say scared the crap out of me and took a few songs to relax from it!   
~ Mp3's and more @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~

Offline Naifuzan

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:46:52 AM »
I've watched the "in the flesh" dvd with Roger Waters from 2001 (I think) a bunch of times and I love it. I gotta say I miss Roger Waters more when I watch Pink Floyd with out him, than I miss the other guys when I watch Roger Waters with his band.
He has some great rearrangement on a bunch of tunes as well.
The girl that tried to fly off... Was that during "one of my turns" maybe? "Would you like to learn to fly? Would you like to see me try?"  :D

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 08:17:38 PM »
I have and love that DVD. I would have liked to have seen that tour. Oh well. I have seen Floyd play 2x  - once in the 80s and once in 90s.

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 07:05:23 PM »
I've watched the "in the flesh" dvd with Roger Waters from 2001 (I think) a bunch of times and I love it. I gotta say I miss Roger Waters more when I watch Pink Floyd with out him, than I miss the other guys when I watch Roger Waters with his band.
He has some great rearrangement on a bunch of tunes as well.
The girl that tried to fly off... Was that during "one of my turns" maybe? "Would you like to learn to fly? Would you like to see me try?"  :D

I totally agree.  I went to the opening show of the Division Bell Tour, and then 3 more on that tour afterwards.  It was like an amplified version of the recordings, pitch perfect, timing like a swiss watch, volume that went right through your chest and I thought it couldn't get any bettert than that.  Then I saw Waters a few years later... And it was all that too, but it had a pulse of it's own as well... like a sixth sense.

As to the flying girl... I was 'flying' a bit myself if ya know what I mean.  I can't really be sure, LOL!  But when I read what you wrote, It seemed very familiar like something the designated driver might have actually picked up on, while the rest of us missed the "Whooa Dude" moment. 

Offline celteire

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 01:34:40 PM »
Pink Floyd are one of those bands that i am delighted to say that i got to see perform live..
there are many others that i like but will never see live and knowing that does'nt bother me..
but Floyd... i saw them play in london...and thought they were amazing...what a show..

i love waters' lyrics...they are just so powerful...

id love to see him play live...does'nt matter that the rest of the band are not there...

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 01:22:14 PM »
Heading out for this show tonight around 6-ish. Can't wait.  8)

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 08:58:45 PM »
Some pictures...

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 08:59:46 PM »
This was an AMAZING concert!

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 09:08:01 PM »
UNBELIEVABLE PICS PETE!!! Very cool!  Totally jealous, wish I was going. 

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
    • GuitarMix
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 09:11:46 PM »
I think he's done in this area, man. This was easily one of the best concerts I've ever attended and I've seen a lot. So glad my wife bought tickets for this.

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 04:37:57 AM »
Amazing pics Pete. I wish I was there bro,.it must have been a great concert and could only imagine what it sounded like.

Offline macman

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 10:44:26 AM »
I am lucky enough my folks got me and the wife tickets for the show in Phillie next Thrusday 11 November.
Man I cannot wait. I was lucky enough to see Pink Floyd on the Pulse tour at Earls Court London. This will be my first time to see Roger Waters and to see The Wall...man I have goosebumps typing this ;D

Great pics Pete, I am so excited now.
Forever searching the man on the silver mountain