Author Topic: who is digging Davy Knowles & Backdoor Slam ?  (Read 804 times)

Offline Big Bras

• Referrals: 0
who is digging Davy Knowles & Backdoor Slam ?
« on: September 28, 2010, 01:33:39 PM »
widely tipped as THE next big thing,22 yrs old and plays old style guitar with killer vocals. do a youtube search and enjoy this guy . his album is coming up for air and it kicks mega ass

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
Re: who is digging Davy Knowles & Backdoor Slam ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »
Wow man,..this guy is good man. Like his style of playing. He sounds real good and a great player.  I think it would be great idea that he picked up a good Strat to play these tunes,.for a little more wood sound,.but hey he is good.

Johnny

You are not allowed to view links. <a href="http://guitarmix.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=deouueq6l6u83t29g2kh6j9aa0&amp;action=register">Register</a>&nbsp;or&nbsp;<a href="http://guitarmix.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=deouueq6l6u83t29g2kh6j9aa0&amp;action=login">Login</a>

Offline Big Bras

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »
id sho love to hear him with a les paul

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
Yeah man,.that too would great. He's got a pretty good tone going on,.but I think he would sound better with either of those guitars. Not that he's playing a POS guitar now,.but he just needs to mature a little and he will rip when he nails his tone.   

Offline ESD

• VIP
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 08:40:03 AM »
This guy is great!  I like his vocals as well, you can tell he's spent some time playin' and singing.  C'mon Johnny, don't we have enough Fender wielding clones out there already?  You're probably right though, a Strat would've smoothed that solo out a little...lol.  That dude could probably jam a washtub and rock the crowd!
I need a good Sig...

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 08:42:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This guy is great!  I like his vocals as well, you can tell he's spent some time playin' and singing.  C'mon Johnny, don't we have enough Fender wielding clones out there already?  You're probably right though, a Strat would've smoothed that solo out a little...lol.  That dude could probably jam a washtub and rock the crowd!

LMAO man,..but yeah the strat would clean him up a bit.