Author Topic: AcmeBarGig  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
  • Referrals: 4
    • GuitarMix
AcmeBarGig
« on: September 28, 2010, 02:48:40 PM »
I play around with AcmeBarGig VSTs. Some of them are really good. Some just OK.

I particularly like their RAZOR HEAD AMP  --->   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's a quickie take of it in action. I used Tracktion 2 and plugged in directly to my M-Audio FireWire 410.

[mp3=200,20,0]http://stubble.org/stuff/free_world_clip.mp3[/mp3]

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Calling me a guitarist is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a chef.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
  • Referrals: 0
    • OLD SKOOL
Re: AcmeBarGig
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:52:04 PM »
Dude bro! That sounds really good man.  I think one day,.well maybe even now you can use these live. I've been thinking about doing that at a rehearsal one day. Running a laptop into a tube power-amp or even a solid state power-amp. I'm sure they make a pedal board (midi controller) to control patch changes within the software. I have the feeling you'll see this type of rig being used live. They sound great and if you think about it,.you can get any type of tone out of these VST's. I think Danny was saying at one point that he did use the AcmeBarGig rig and had Sonar change his patches on the fly.

Just imagine this,..you're on stage and on top of your cabs you have a 22" flat screen with the head you're using in the software showing on the screen. Pretty cool.  I think it's gonna be the way of the future,.if it's not going on now..........

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:53:59 PM by Johnny »

Offline Pod God

• VIP
  • Just One Of The Guys!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 06:47:03 AM »
Good stuff man. Can't wait for Shred 2.0:)
Recently Played Tracks...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Lippy

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Noize Doctor
    • band web site
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 01:59:10 PM »
Yup sounds great and I have been using them for years and do like them for their ease of use and bloody great sounds ....but since I got my blackstar I have decided you cannot totally replicate a good ,cooking tube amp.I should know as I have used a lot of good rack solid state preamps.line 6 and behringer,with both solid state and valve power amps,both live and in the rehearsal studio,They sounded good but didn't have that certain something.But that is just my opinion  ;)
Oh by the way I tried out guitar rig 3 from my laptop into a 5150 combo a couple of years ago at a practice and it didn't sound too bad at all but there was a controller issue.

Offline mcolquitt

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
Dude bro! That sounds really good man.  I think one day,.well maybe even now you can use these live. I've been thinking about doing that at a rehearsal one day. Running a laptop into a tube power-amp or even a solid state power-amp. I'm sure they make a pedal board (midi controller) to control patch changes within the software. I have the feeling you'll see this type of rig being used live. They sound great and if you think about it,.you can get any type of tone out of these VST's. I think Danny was saying at one point that he did use the AcmeBarGig rig and had Sonar change his patches on the fly.

Just imagine this,..you're on stage and on top of your cabs you have a 22" flat screen with the head you're using in the software showing on the screen. Pretty cool.  I think it's gonna be the way of the future,.if it's not going on now..........

I have been using my POD XT for live gigs for a long time now. Just last Monday and (don't laugh) had probably some of the best tone of em all...and there were some nice rigs (it was an old school blues sit in) I am way past the old "tubes are the way to go crap" I don't hear it or buy into it. Did you ever realize that with the one exception of Guitar amplification tube technology simply doesn't exist anymore. There is a good reason in my opinion...I just carry my little bean POD in with 2 cables (I use a wah too) one of my Strats,  plug into the board and I am ready to go. I often get chuckles when I show up like that, untill I flip the switch on to play!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:25:41 PM by mcolquitt »

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 06:01:58 AM »
Dude bro! That sounds really good man.  I think one day,.well maybe even now you can use these live. I've been thinking about doing that at a rehearsal one day. Running a laptop into a tube power-amp or even a solid state power-amp. I'm sure they make a pedal board (midi controller) to control patch changes within the software. I have the feeling you'll see this type of rig being used live. They sound great and if you think about it,.you can get any type of tone out of these VST's. I think Danny was saying at one point that he did use the AcmeBarGig rig and had Sonar change his patches on the fly.

Just imagine this,..you're on stage and on top of your cabs you have a 22" flat screen with the head you're using in the software showing on the screen. Pretty cool.  I think it's gonna be the way of the future,.if it's not going on now..........

I have been using my POD XT for live gigs for a long time now. Just last Monday and (don't laugh) had probably some of the best tone of em all...and there were some nice rigs (it was an old school blues sit in) I am way past the old "tubes are the way to go crap" I don't hear it or buy into it. Did you ever realize that with the one exception of Guitar amplification tube technology simply doesn't exist anymore. There is a good reason in my opinion...I just carry my little bean POD in with 2 cables (I use a wah too) one of my Strats,  plug into the board and I am ready to go. I often get chuckles when I show up like that, untill I flip the switch on to play!

Oh I agree man. I think technology has come a long way with modelers. IMO,.a tube amp is very good,.but if you think about a tube amp for a few secs,.what is it,..it just compresses the signal more than a solid state amp and has more of a non sterile sound but,.if you tweak a modeler you can get the same sound IMO. I'm not saying that tube amps are bad,...it's just you can get the same sound from a modeler now if you spend the time with it. My main rig is a Digitech 2101 into a Carvin 350 solid state amp,.but the Carvin has a built in compressor that you can set to your liking. My rig has that all out balls that any tube amp has plus more. I would put it up against any tube amp for sound quality.
It's pretty nice for me to have just one controller in front of me that I can get any tone or effect I want with just a push of a button with NO delay and one more better, the 2101 has effect ramp times,.that is when I change a patch,..the effect trails stay put for a set amount of time before dropping off. One more thing to consider is reliability too,..but hey anything can break.  I wanna purchase one of those Axe Fx by Fractal Audio,.but they need to come down on their price a bit. Way to much cash for me. I'll wait for a few years and buy a used one!! Soo,.to sum things up,.I'm not saying I don't like tubes amps,.they are awesome but so are modelers and guitar possessors. The other thing is,..is the person that is playing through the gear. I think that has a big deal to do with it too. If you're not a decent player,.no gear will make you sound better.  It's all good stuff,.that's why we have choices. What ever makes you happy,.is cool..!!     

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 06:06:09 AM by Johnny »

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
  • Referrals: 4
    • GuitarMix
AcmeBarGig
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 07:08:44 AM »
My early 80s Randall RG-50 112 sounds amazing ands it's solid state.

Calling me a guitarist is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a chef.