Author Topic: Thinking about starting an online band... Drummers? Live or skilled sequencers?  (Read 2266 times)

Offline WIG

• ... get out of my head...
  • Referrals: 2
    • TellOnEveryone.com
First off, I'm thinking that finding a drummer who can roll with the in's and out's of collaborating online is a place to start.  An experienced sequencer could work too if there aren't any live drummers here? 

Looking for something between a "Clutch" to Johnny Cash ala the 'American' albums style drummer?  Hard Rock meets, Southern Rock, meets Country Pickin type stuff? 

The idea would be to form a permanent group of members from across the globe interested in sharing credit EQUALLY for all creative input (I think this helps to avoid arguments up front over credit).  Maybe some covers with our own signature, but mainly focused on original material?   

This is really an experiment more than anything else, not even sure it will work or not.  Figure it can't hurt to try it out though.  I have a handful of tunes in this vein that are fairly well together to start with while bringing in ideas from everyone collectively? 
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
~ Mp3's and more @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
  • Referrals: 4
    • GuitarMix
Sounds like a good idea to me. Get to play without the hassles of travel and traffic.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Calling me a guitarist is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a chef.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
Interested in a guitar position?  Play any slide?  Dig the influences?

Offline Pete

• Administrator
  • Incantator of Tone
  • Referrals: 4
    • GuitarMix
I'd love to. Sadly, I have no time.  :(

Calling me a guitarist is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer a chef.

Offline TPB

• Referrals: 0
    • http://www.soundclick.com/tblue
Hey man I would Help if I can, I write a lot of songs Play crappy guitar some harp some keys and do vocals Got a couple new country type tunes just can't find any chicken pickers to play them
Tim

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
Great Idea Wig! I'm sure once we get some more members,..It will work out. Looking forward to hearing something. 

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
Hey man I would Help if I can, I write a lot of songs Play crappy guitar some harp some keys and do vocals Got a couple new country type tunes just can't find any chicken pickers to play them
Tim

Cool Tim!  Sounds good!  I'm hoping everyone could have a chance to mix it up and dabble in this or that if they want.  So bringing more than one thing to the table is a GOOD thing.  I'd be up for some rhythm guitar, bass, and I hope for sure some vocals.  The style I lean towards calls for a multiple vocalist scenario, so in the interim you and I could start making some music as a duo while we search for some others?  Check out You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , there are some tunes I want to shape further.  They may seem like there was a production in mind, but they really are demos and nothing that is completely written in stone.  Point me to some of yours, I'd love to check them out. 

Offline TPB

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Has a few originals on  there. I checked your stuff out, liked up on the hill and old Finnley. Let me know how you want to do this
Tim

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
Hi Tim, I can send you some drums I have for Finnley and we can do some guitars off each other and do the dual vocal thing just as a 'get our feet wet' working with each other exercise?

Offline Tony

Hi guys. If there is anything I can do, I´d love to be a part of it. Bass, slide guitar, guitar, mixing, drums, whatever. Well, no singing for me, as my voice is a bit disturbing even to my dogs, :D

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
This seems to be moving along pretty good guys. Tony would be a great add in for this project. He can play that thing! Really great idea Wig.

Offline Naifuzan

• VIP
I'd certainly be up for collaborating on something like this. I'm not much of a drummer tho :D
But you know I love clutch and cash's "american" albums!

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
Hi Tony!  Do you play drums, can you record them?  You're more than welcome to join in elsewhere too. 

And Naif... Yesterday you would have had a PM, I planned to invite you to this knowing that we both enjoy this style, BUT................ I cut the tip of my finger off in a chop saw yesterday.  No joke.  Sat in the ER most of yesterday.  So... I'm on the disabled list for at least 2-4 weeks.  Hopefully we can still get something started while I'm mending.  Further up I mentioned trying to run some test patterns with a song called "Old John Finnley" from my soundclick link.  Let me know if you guys want to take a crack at it, I can def do some vocals if I'm still not able to play yet.  I can tab it out if you guys want to give it a spin. 

Tim I checked out your tunes, thought they were great.  I thought 'want you back', 'Time Slip', 'Dancing in the Moonlight' and 'Bottle it up and Go' all could work well with the styles discussed.  Great stuff. 

Offline TPB

Man bummer with the finger I guess it writting and vocals for a while Send me the chords for the song and drums and we can get some basic tracks down I know tony and Per can crank on tyhis I can try and help on vocals or where ever you want me
Tim

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
I'm going to try and get down to the studio tonight guys and link up the drums in a new thread. 

Hey, Am I brain dead?  Is Tony, Uekelele Tony?