Author Topic: Thinking about starting an online band... Drummers? Live or skilled sequencers?  (Read 2311 times)

Offline SteveG

• Referrals: 4
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hey, Am I brain dead?  Is Tony, Uekelele Tony?

We will know if he starts naging me for the acoustic piece I owe him......

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
  • Referrals: 0
    • OLD SKOOL
I'm going to try and get down to the studio tonight guys and link up the drums in a new thread. 

Hey, Am I brain dead?  Is Tony, Uekelele Tony?

Yes,.Tony is Uke.

Offline WIG

• ... get out of my head...
  • Referrals: 2
    • TellOnEveryone.com
Here you go guys... this is the same drum track as the recording on the soundclick page, but with a different kit plugged in (believe it's the EZDrummer Nashville kit).  I also attached the tab.  Just a warning, I've never tabbed anything for anyone, so hopefully it makes sense, but don't hesitate to ask if it doesn't add up.  Tim, why don't you take the first crack at it and then if Per or Tony are interested in laying down some bass or another guitar part we can keep building on it.  Since I'm fairly useless otherwise til the hand heals... anyone mind if I mix this one?

Link to drums wav

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
~ Mp3's and more @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~

Offline Stevie M

Am I too late to jump in here :)
I can play the odd mediocre bit of lead sometimes, little bit of lapsteel. When I can eventually get hold of a GK2 pickup my GR9 synth is ready to go as well.

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
Hey Stevie, I've always thought the drums to your tracks were well put together, would you be interested in some sequencing?  I think a few of us are pretty good at it that have shown interest here... maybe we could just have a rotating line up, rather than a dedicated drummer/sequencer?  Everyone gets to dabble in a little of this, little of that?
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Stevie M

Errrr----Wig,I think you may have me confused with Steve G? :)
My sequencing stinks, at the mo. Trying to find the time to get to grips with it.
I may be able to come up with some words from time to time though, but don't ask me to sing 'em, I think it'd probably break a Vocal Auto Tune programme :D

Offline TPB

• http://www.soundclick.com/tblue
Got it brother but believe me if we can get Tony to do this it would be good. How about it Tony? Wig you want me to lay just the rythmn or try to add Vocals with it Let Me know Tim
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:30:48 PM by TPB »

Offline TPB

Wig when I put this into sonar it uses a default of 120BPM  do you know the BPM you want it in also this track is shorter than your orginal song
Tim

Offline TPB

Don't worry about it I got it figured out Give me a day or so to jam with it
Tim

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
A rhythm is cool to start and then we can let Tony and Per have some fun with it?  Then you and I can talk about the 'call and answer' vocal approach and some ideas to add above the original idea.

Offline Naifuzan

• VIP
I just took a look and a listen to this, and my mind went off into a spin with different ideas and rearrangements  ;D
Sadly I have to go sleep now, and won't be home this weekend or most of next week. So it'll be a good while before I can get to work on any of it. But I got really inspired, and hopefully I can get back to that when I get home. Maybe you guys will have done some stuff on this by then that can get me even more inspired.

Offline WIG

• TellOnEveryone.com
Very cool Per!  I think all in all, we should look at each tune as an evolution.  Just like in a band.  They grow and evolve.  I am also offline from Sunday to Friday of next week. 

Tim, Let me know what you think of the drums.  To me... they lack some stuff... originality, build / dynamics, etc... the beat in spots is "eh".  Maybe you would prefer doing the guitar over a click and then pulling it out after?  Ultimately this is pobably weird that I'm not laying down a track to start (my hand).  I'm up for whatever ideas you guys have, this is all new territory so the process is obviously going to be interesting up front. 

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
Can I ask you guys,..are the drums midi? If so,.i would be glad to do the drums once they are completely written out for the song. I can add in or take out whats needed,....if you guys want a hand with this project. I can get killer drum sounds using midi. If not,.that's cool too. I'm looking forward to hearing this either way.   

Offline TPB

Thanks Johnny I will send you a copy tonight when I get to the house
Tim

Offline Tony

Yeah Wigs, it´s me, Tony Bologni, lol, :P. Just downloaded the drums and the TAB. I will wait and see what you guys build up with it. Meantime I´ll mess with some ideas over it as well. I´m in, for real, this time, ;). (If it´s alright with you guys.....)