Author Topic: Got my blackstar ht stage 100 and 4 x 12  (Read 791 times)

Offline Lippy

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Noize Doctor
    • band web site
Got my blackstar ht stage 100 and 4 x 12
« on: October 03, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »
Well I went for it yesterday and picked it up from my local music shop in York.Got it for my line 6 bognor 112 spyder valve and foot controller, and only £500 to pay!!
It is amazing but I have a slight problem with the reverb.Its fine if I haven't powered up the amp in over an hour.But if I switch in on again after playing for say 20 mins the reverb has a slight warble on the return which is wierd but besides that little problem its excellent.Lovely warm tones and creamy distortion,crisp cleans and loads of controllable power.

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
Re: Got my blackstar ht stage 100 and 4 x 12
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 10:58:54 AM »
You must be stoked bro. She's a beauty. Maybe you should call the manufacturer and get their opinion on the reverb issue or call the store where you got it from and let them know about it and tell them to order you a new one and when it comes in,.just take that one back. 
Good luck with that wall of sound!!

Offline Lippy

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Noize Doctor
    • band web site
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »
I have just did a quick demo from the line out,which I am impressed with the sound quality of,no miking up for me now!As the reverb problem is intermittent I will see how it goes as if you use the standby to switch it on and off ,it doesn't happen.My mate reckons its a memory leak on the chip so as long as I take out the plug it shouldn't happen as there must be residual power left in the transformer when switched off.
On my board I have added a switch for the od 2 channels voicings so it is even more versatile now !
I switch in the effects as I go through the demo.
[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://www.stubble.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=95.0;attach=165[/mp3]

Offline Johnny

• VIP
  • Got Guitar?
    • OLD SKOOL
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »
Great tone bro and good luck with it. I'm sure you can't wait to gig the beast.

Offline SteveG

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 04:39:16 AM »
Sweet  ;D

Offline sky1962

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 03:38:53 AM »
Looks the Biz Dave. Pleased for ya mate.
Born to Rock 'n' Roll.......since 1962

Offline thefallenangel

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:01:11 AM »
Don't worry about the Reverb.
If it becomes a permanent problem then use it as an excuse to buy yourself a nice lush TC Electronic Reverb pedal.

You can find TC G Sharps used very cheap. Great for reverbs/chorus/delay.

Offline Lippy

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Noize Doctor
    • band web site
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 09:07:48 AM »
Well I used it at practice volume yesterday and was very impressed with it.It sat well in between some very loud bass and drums.It is a very warm sounding amp.which is exactly what I was looking for.The lead tone is  a bit middley but it cuts through great and I have plenty of power.
Here is a little song idea I put together using just the line out of the blackstar.The guitars have no eq and is exactly what is coming out of the amp.The guitar is my fret king prototype.The drumes are ezdrummer,with a bit of ozone 4 to freshen them up.The bass is my vintage through amplitube ampeg svt.All finished off with some lexicon room reverb.
[mp3=200,20,0,center]http://www.stubble.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=95.0;attach=191[/mp3]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:13:17 AM by Lippy »

Offline captain spasm

• VIP
  • It's never too late to rock!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 12:40:25 PM »
Very nice sound there Davey ... song seems reminiscent of "Falling" by Tobruk (remember them) ... way back in the mid-late 80s ... one of my favourite bands back then.

NICE reminiscing!

Offline thefallenangel

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 03:59:23 PM »
That sounds great Lippy.
Maybe you can make that a forum jam track or something at some point. It sounds as though it could be pretty cool to play over.